We have scheduled a guided tour of the museum and their “Day of the Dead” exhibit at 11:00 am, led by a member of the museum’s Education Department. (Tours are not available on our regular meeting date of Nov 1st, the actual Day of the Dead, due to large attendance expected that day). Please email Maureen McDonald at email@example.com if you plan on attending. Members can coordinate for carpooling and rides will be available
- VAB Gallery, St Joseph, MO. - The Horse: Shaping our Lives, Our Community, and our View of the World - oil and cold wax,
- Nelson Atkins Museum, Kansas City, MO - Cattail Morning - textile, June to Aug
- Missouri Fiber Artist Pairings show - St. Louis Art Guild, St. Louis, MO - Cattail Morning and Conspiracy of Two (a joint work with Jan Rowan Miller) - textiles,
- Missouri Fiber Artist Pairings show - Mildred M. Cox Gallery, William Woods College, Fulton , MO - the two textile works from the St. Louis Art Guild move to this space -Nov. 5 to
- Speaking of Fibers! 2015, Morton J. May Foundation Gallery, Maryville University, St. Louis, MO. Mutability, Blending into a Changing World - paper sculpture, .
Monday September 14th, 21st, No Class
October 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th
Rescuing and recycling a hard cover book, students will utilize its structure; gluing pages together forming a sturdy substrate for self-expression with imagery and written words. This class promises to open doors to creative adventure by manipulating art materials with layering techniques in acrylics, pastels, watercolors, drawing, image transfers and collage. Students will learn how to carve their own stamps to use in their creative art journals ending with a rich platform to journal on.
Materials fee $5.00 collected in first class for extra supplies instructor will bring.
Opening Reception October 2nd
Addison Center for the Arts, 213 N. Lombard Road, Addison IL
Program starts at -
Laura Lein-Svencner's collage work is Crystal Neubauer's New book, The Art of Expression Collage.