Thursday, November 6, 2008

Message from Mary and an Invite to all of our MCS members.

Dear Creative Friends,

Most of you know that I've been doing Christmas craft shows for the last 30 some years and only began immersing myself into the collage-mix media field five years ago.
Although I incorporate many of my former craft supplies into my artwork, I have so MANY, MANY Christmas do-dads, ribbons, ornaments, decorations and the like, I need to get them used in some creative endeavor. Because of that I'm hosting a CHRISTMAS COLLAGE CREATION weekend here at my house on Saturday and Sunday, November 22 and 23.

*on Saturday, November 22, from 9:30-12:30 come create your own ABUNDANTLY DECORATED CHRISTMAS TREE. I have a 12" artificial tree for each of those attending, as well as a tremendous amount of Christmasy and/or collaging supplies to transform them into one of a kind works of art!!! I only ask you to bring a glue gun with extra glue sticks because that will be our main adhesive. Also bring along any embellishments that you yourself might want to add to your tree.

*on that Saturday afternoon from 2-5 we'll be creating our own CHRISTMAS ANGEL OR FAIRY on a 14" muslin doll. Again I have all the supplies you'll need unless you have your own favorite fabric or embellishments. It would be helpful to bring a glue gun and possibly a sewing shears to class, although I have several to share. These dolls will hopefully carry the qualities of Love, Peace and Joy to your holidays.

*on Sunday afternoon, the 23rd, from 1-4 we'll be COLLAGING CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS. I've got paper mache and wooden shapes galore for each to make a small collection of ornaments for yourself or for gifts. Bring along a brush and a bottle of gel medium or decoupage glue for adhering papers.

I'll take 10 participants per class so that there's enough room for each participant to have a comfortable space to work at. These are adult classes so those attending must be at least 16 years young. Cost is $15 per class or $40 for all three.

Call me at 630-833-0125 , email (m.warner5@sbcglobal.net), or write (220 E. Highland, Villa Park, IL 60181) to reserve a place in any or all of the classes. Your place will be confirmed, however, only when your payment is received - (Cash please or check made out to Family Traditions).

For any who would like to attend but cannot, I will be happy to set up any of these three hour classes at your convenience IF you bring at least 2 more friends with you at $15 a person.

***Theres' a discount for anyone attending all three classes - $40 for all three.

And for those coming for both classes on Saturday, bring a sandwich if you'd like to stay put.
Hope you can join us!

Mary Warner

No comments: