Friday, February 17, 2017

The Passing of a Collage Members~

Dear MCS Friends

It is with a sad heart that I tell you about my sister's passing.
My sister, Donna (McGohan) Johnston, was 76 years old. She has fought a battle with stage four Melanoma for three years. Donna was hospitalized several times since last September because of various side effects of drugs, lymfedema, and the cancer itself.  She has been in hospice since February 10th, and had a peaceful death last night, with her children at her side. Donna was my painting buddy and my best girlfriend.  I know she loved being a member of the Midwest Collage Society, and she was sad that she was not well enough to attend meetings since the September Retreat. The Retreat meant a lot to Donna, and she treasured the drumming circle, the friendships she made, and the beautiful prayer circle the day we left the retreat. A big THANK YOU to all of you who participated in bringing the joy of COLLAGE into Donna's life.
I will miss her greatly, but I  know she will be watching over me, and in my heart forever.

 
Margi Hafer


No comments: